Saturday, January 29, 2011

A New Addition!



On January 8, 2011 my wife and I welcomed our daughter, Lauren Elizabeth Parker, into the world. Her official stats were 7lbs. 5oz. and 20 inches long. In my opinion she couldn't be more perfect. I apologize for the bragging.

Needless to say the activity in the studio has been a little slow recently. Much like the activity of this blog. But I'm hoping to get back into the studio a little more now that things are starting to settle down around here.

I've been commissioned to paint a still life that I'm really excited about. If it turns out at all like the setup it should be pretty nice. I'm also about to start another wave painting, which will be the first of a series of larger ocean paintings. I'll start posting some updates soon on both projects.

4 comments:

Nick said...

Hello David, your daughter is beautiful! I myself am recently a dad as we have a daughter too. She was born on 23rd Jan and was 7lbs. My painting has completely stopped for the moment as I have been enjoying my baby but I can feel myself getting anxious wondering when I will be able to find time to paint again. Hopefully thing will settle into a nice routine and progress can start again. Congratulations!

Lefrontier said...

Please accept my congratulations to you and your wife by this so beautiful "work"! :) All the best to all, and my very best wishes to little Lauren.

Beth West www.northernskyart.wordpress.com said...

She is very sweet! Congratulations to you and your wife.

Gary Keimig said...

congratulations David. She is beautiful and well worth bragging over. Loved your finished wave painting. really great work.

Post a Comment