Friday, January 15, 2010

Taylor

























It's been a little while since my last post, but I have been working. Just haven't had a chance to post anything. This latest piece is a painting from the charcoal study of my son Taylor. I'm done with the underpainting and have just started to lay in the first layer of color. The panel that I am working on is 16" x 20" and I have to say that working on the larger size has been great. I feel like I have room to spread out and move the brush around. I think I might continue this trend of working larger.

Below are a few pics of the progress:

























4 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful work: a true labour of love in the making. r.

Pierre Raby said...

The progress is exciting David!
Your son is definitely a great subject and model, love his expression and the way he's standing.

Nigel Cox said...

Hey David, I just found your blog and wondering how I happened to miss such a gem for so long.
Great work.

Nigel

David Parker said...

Thanks Rahina and Pierre!

Hey Nigel, thanks for introducing yourself. I've been a fan of your work for some time so it's really cool to have you stop by. Thanks for the kind words!

Post a Comment