Sunday, November 22, 2009

Cream Pitcher with Linen























Cream Pitcher with Linen
oil on canvas panel
6" x 6"
SOLD

It's been almost three weeks since I last picked up a paint brush, but finally last night I was able to make it into the studio and made some good progress. Work has been really busy lately, which is great problem to have, but it has been spilling into my evenings. So it was great to get back to painting. At this point I think its pretty much done.

I'm off work for most of this week so I'm excited to have some free time to get something new going. For the next one I'm going to do a portrait of my son Taylor. I'll be doing a charcoal study first and if that goes well I'll start a painting.

I always enjoy it when an artist post detail shots of there work. It's the closest thing you can get to being right in front of the actual piece with your nose an inch from the canvas. So I posted a few upclose shots below.





















9 comments:

Paul Coventry-Brown said...

Great ... I get to leave the first comment ;-)
Excellent painting/composition and very nice to see the close ups with the soft edges and the glow off the linen.
It must be hard not having the time to sit down and just see a painting through to the end without having to spend days/weeks away from it.

Carolina said...

Wow, you did a superb job! Congratulations :)

David Parker said...

Thanks Paul,
Yeah, I usually have to get reacquainted with the painting each time I sit down to work on it. But it does allow me to always look at it with fresh eyes. And I often find mistakes that I might have overlooked otherwise.

Thank you Carolina!

Alvin Richard said...

Great classic composition and brilliantly captures. I just think that the fact that you took so much time to complete it shows you truly care in producing work that you are proud of and of the highest quality....KUDOS!

Caio Fern said...

it i really nice to meet your work Danid !!!
see you !!

Gary Keimig said...

Wonderful painting. I like the way you have shown progress on the painting.

David Parker said...

Thanks, so much Alvin!

Caio and Gary, thanks for the kind words and for introducing yourselves.

Dean Grey said...

David!

This turned out so good!

You did a fantastic job capturing the subtle highlights. The pitcher and cloth almost appear to glow in spots!

-Dean

Caroline Peña Bray said...

Wow, this is awesome! The objects are GLOWING! I particularly like that it's a simple set-up made extraordinary through skill and a unique vision. A great blog David, with some very accomplished works.

Post a Comment